Fitness workout flexibly from home or on the road, without large equipment, whenever the customer wants it.
Online fitness classes make it possible. More and more instructors and gyms are adapting to this development and making classes for every fitness level available online for free or for a fee. Online platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Zoom, etc. offer simple technical solutions to offer classes as LIVE-session or on-demand.
The appropriate background music in the video has a decisive effect on the effectiveness of the workout.
Music in Fitness Courses
What is generally to be considered legally?
In general, there are two rights / licenses to be considered when using music in class, royalty-free or royalty-managed, in class:
- Label rights: The labels grant the rights/licenses so that a song/recording can be used in a mix (CD or MP3). This license is obtained by us as music producer. You pay them for the use in class indirectly through the purchase or subscription price. The purchase/subscription only includes the right of audio use, not the right to use the music for audio-visual projects (videos/films). This requires a separate license.
Publishing rights: The publishers represent the composers and authors of a song. For the use / performance of the music there are two relevant rights / licenses which must be obtained:
- The right for public performance: the publishers have transferred this right to royalty collecting society for public performance (RCSfPP) in your country like SACEM (France), Kodak (Denmark), MCPS-PRS (UK), SIAE (Italy), SGAE (Spain), etc. which charges fees for it.
- For film projects: The permission to use music in connection with film, the dubbing right, which the publishers grant directly. This right must be obtained from the publishers for each production for each song.
What music may I use for
Use of royalty-managed music for livestream (no storage)
In most of european countries you can use royalty-managed music for this purpose if
- the music is licensed for commercial purposes (teaching)
the right is licensed for public performance by
- via Facebook, YouTube or Instagram, if these platforms have general agreement with the RCSfPP in your country
- or you have a contract with your RCSfPP that includes online performances.
- the synchronisation rights have been obtained. This is currently not actively checked or demanded by the publishers, but these rights are neither included in the general agreements with your RCSfPP nor have the publishers waived this right. This means that these rights and the associated claims can be asserted at any time.
The permission of the labels to use the music for livestreams is based on the current legal assessment that a livestream should be treated like a live studio session. Again, there is no clear legal basis.
Use of royalty- managed music for video-on-demand (storage)
You can use royalty- managed music for this if
- the music is licensed for commercial use (teaching) and for the audiovisual use (music & film)
- an agreement that includes online performance and storage of the music/film recording has been made with the RCSfPP
- the synchronisation rights have been obtained from the publisher
Use of royalty-free music for livestream & video-on-demand (storage)
You can use royalty-free music for this if
- the music is licensed for commercial purposes (teaching) and for audiovisual use (music & film).
MOVE YA! has developed various licensing models, with which you can license single film projects as well as unlimited film projects for online training via flat rate.
What is royalty-free music and what advantages does it have?
For royalty-free music, the composers and authors are not members of RCSfPP. Accordingly, no royalties are payable for public use of the music. The right to public performance in live lessons is included in the purchase/subscription price.
However, the purchase of royalty-free Group Fitness music does not mean that the music can be used for online/video projects without further licenses. As with music subject to RCSfPP, this requires an additional license if not explicitly included.
The label and publishing rights for royalty-free music are mostly in one hand, so that the acquisition of rights for audiovisual use (music&film) is, in contrast to music subject to royalty-managed music, inexpensive, uncomplicated and fast. This is the case with all royalty-free MOVE YA! mixes.
Non-membership of RCSfPP says nothing about the professionalism or talent of a musician. In particular, the roylaty-free repertoire of MOVE YA! is characterized by its high professional quality standard: varied, deep and broad in sound, mostly produced with vocals and attention to detail.
Perfect royalty free music for online fitness classes
(Live + On-Demand)
Single licenses & Flat Rate subscription
At MOVE YA! you can get single licenses for royalty-free music tracks and pre-mixed albums or with MY! UNLIMITED FREE Music & Film, our flat rate subscription, unlimited access via our MY! App to over 130 high-quality royalty-free fitness music mixes - including the necessary broadcasting rights for all online platforms.
Get perfect background music for your fitness workout videos, worldwide and unlimited in time. No matter whether as LIVE streaming or video on demand streaming on YouTube*, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Zoom, Vimeo, Twitch, etc. or on your own website.
* MOVE YA! cannot guarantee a monetization (ad placement before-in the video) of your videos on YouTube. MOVE YA! has no control over the recognition systems used by these platforms (Content ID Filter), which are not always 100% accurate and your video may be copyrighted or partially muted. In this case, you can find tips on how to do this easily on our website in the FAQ section.
Our license models are generally aimed at everyone who wants to make films / videos with our music. For personal trainers, group fitness instructors, individual studios / clubs, we offer the flat rate MY! UNLIMITED FREE Music & Film, for everyone else we have the STANDARD and BUSINESS LICENSES or, on request, specially tailored flat rate offers. Our professionally produced single tracks or pre-mixed fitness albums cover all important genres, moods and topics. For more motivation, effectiveness and fun in fitness classes.
Online use without extra fees
Use our professional fitness tracks and mixes unlimited online, without additional fees and independent of video click rates. All titles of our royalty-free music catalog are 100% exclusive and copyrighted, including video dubbing license for audiovisual recordings like your online fitness video projects. Additional rights of use from authors (publishers) and collecting societies such as GEMA, AKM, SUISA, PPL, BMI, ASCAP, SACEM, etc. do not have to be obtained and no further costs arise for you.
Music use: Online + Offline
Our flat rate subscription MY! UNLIMITED FREE Music & Film offers you unlimited access to the entire royalty-free music repertoire for use in online classes including the use for public playback in the real class room.
Your advantages at a glance
- perfect background music for fitness training videos
- broadcasting rights for social media + own website (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Zoom, Vimeo, Twitch, etc.)
- LIVE streaming + on-demand streaming
- unlimited access to over 130 high-quality royalty-free fitness music mixes
- regular new publications
- fixed monthly price (subscription)
- legally compliant music insert
- no extra fees (for authors, publishers, collecting societies)
- including license for public use of music (in the real classroom)
- no muting / deletion of videos on social media
- worldwide and unlimited use
- unlimited video clicks
- videos shot during runtime are fully licensed and after the end of the subscription no further fees are charged
- commercial use & distribution for self-marketing
- direct money earning with the video project possible